Check out this behind the scenes look at the U.S.A. Men's National Rowing Team's Combine Competition.
Eric Heiden - Train Like A Champion
This guy was the greatest speed skater ever! Watch this video to learn the one thing he thinks is most important for success.
The rest of the world is catching on!
Check out this video from 1924 of four men in a gymnasium using a primitive rowing machine as part of their training for the Olympics.
This video shows a very close race, good tactics, and is well narrated. It's well worth your time!
A very inspiring article about a young woman who has excelled in spite of many physical set backs.
This is a great article about a woman trying rowing for the first time.
Between Saturday February 17 and Saturday February 24 we will hold our Winter Break Training Camp at Jacksonville University in Florida. We will use the University of Jacksonville campus, dorms and boathouse for our stay. The main focus will be on technique and making miles, lots of miles, so the camp is intended for the seasoned experienced rower (unfortunately no MS rowers) who likes to work hard. Rowing there will be a mix of small boats, 4's & 8’s. It will be a camp where we will row twice a day and soak up the sun in the meantime.
A preliminary schedule:
- Saturday 17 arrive early PM, get boats ready
- Sunday 18, AM Row, PM Row
- Monday 19, AM Row, PM Row
- Tuesday 20, AM Row, PM Row
- Wednesday 21, AM Row, PM off
- Thursday 22, AM Row, PM Row
- Friday 23, AM Row, PM Row
- Saturday 24, Possible short AM Row, clean up and departure in the PM
- Each day we will also put focus on core and stretching