Sue Steinberg Scholarship Fund
Sue Steinberg, a beloved member of Friends of Port Rowing, passed away in 2019. Her family and friends wanted to find a way to honor her and carry on her memory. It was important that this endeavor highlighted what Sue loved and valued and would leave an enduring imprint of her essence. So, with the help of Sue’s family and Friends of Port Rowing, the Sue Steinberg Educational Scholarship was created.
Two (2) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded annually, one to a graduating senior and one to a member of the Inclusion Rowing Team. Applications for the Sue Steinberg Scholarship Fund, which is a private fund overseen by Friends of Port Rowing, must be received by May 15, 2020. Each application will be reviewed anonymously by a few of Sue's friends and family members in conjunction with the Friends of Port Rowing. Awards will be announced at the Awards Banquet at the close of each spring season.
In order for your application and essay to be considered, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating high school senior (or 17 years of age or older on the Inclusion Team).
- Be a current member of the Port Rowing Varsity or Inclusion Team.
- Demonstrated strong character and good sportsmanship throughout tenure on Team.
- Submit a complete application and brief essay. Inclusion Team members answers can be written in collaboration with a parent or professional aid.
- All applications must be submitted annually by May 15.
Application for Inclusion Team
Application for Varsity Seniors