Port Rowing Covid-19 Safety Plan
Port Rowing’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
19 June 2020
Required waiver for ALL (new and returning) athletes:
The health and safety of our athletes, coaches, staff and volunteers is paramount, and Port Rowing encourages everyone to take all reasonable measures to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus in their daily lives as each one of us plays a role in keeping ourselves and the community safe. For our own members, the following safety plan has been implemented and everyone involved with Port Rowing will be held to the highest standard of compliance. Failure to comply may result in immediate loss of rowing privileges and participation (without any refund). Remember that these rules have been implemented and will be strictly enforced for everyone’s safety.
Athletes and Coaches must:
Vehicles: No parent, family member or friends are permitted to attend practice.
- carpools which are not within the same household are strongly discouraged
- as always, do not drop off/pick up near the entrance way to the parking lot. Pull into a designated parking spot, turn off vehicle, and then drop off/pick up.
- wait in car until assigned practice time
- parents, family, friends, etc. dropping off their athlete are not to exit their vehicle. communicate with coaches via email
- if an athlete is dependent on receiving a car ride from a parent/guardian, one must ensure pick-up and drop off are coordinated in advance and in a timely manner. There is no loitering at the boathouse area or in the parking lot. Again, drivers must be on time.
- when parking vehicle, please make sure before exiting that there is a minimum of 10feet of space between you and any adjacent vehicles.
- report to the Check-In Station, go through practice, and return directly and immediately to car upon dismissal
Training will focus on a “get in, train, get out” approach, minimizing unnecessary contact Once the athlete leaves his/her car, he/she is required to wear a mask correctly until one is on the water and away from the docks. Athletes who do not wear their masks correctly will be asked to leave and try again the next day. We will be very strict with this policy.
Always maintain physical/social distancing of at least six (6) feet.
Immediately Upon Leaving Your Vehicle: report to the Check-In Station
Check-in process for every participant:
- report directly to the picnic table (by the hoses) at designated check-in time.
- temperature will be checked
- hand sanitizer will be applied
- ·verbally complete a wellness survey by answering the following questions:
- Have you had any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, including: fever, shortness of breath (not severe), cough, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell ii. have you had "close contact" with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19?
- “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, cared for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, been within 6-feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or come in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official?
- Do you understand you are required to wear your mask at all times while on land and cannot share equipment, and must remain socially distant?
- Do you understand that violations of the rules may result in your being asked to leave for the day or remainder of the session?
- if you answer “yes” to any of the above questions regarding symptoms or contact, you will be asked to leave and not return for two weeks.
Maintaining clean and sanitized equipment:
- each athlete will be responsible for assigned oar(s) which includes, but is not limited, to carrying them to the launch site, getting them in and out of the boat, and bringing them back to the boathouse for cleaning.
- each athlete will wash one’s oars in the oar washing station as normal
- wash the oar shafts & oar handles. Additionally, dunk the oars into bleach solution before placing on the rack.
- follow normal boat washing protocol with the following additional steps:
- shells will be washed with soap and water thoroughly after each use
- higher contact areas (e.g. oarlocks, seats, riggers, shoes) will be sprayed with an alcohol-based solution, and washed with soap and water, the seat tops, oar locks, gunnels, and shoes with disinfectant
- all coxswains will be assigned his/her own headset
- clean all equipment with alcohol-based disinfectant before and after each use
- must wear a face mask (or may double face masks) and a face shield while on-water
- ·note: rowers will not wear safety shields while exercising (rather masks)
There will be no loitering at the boathouse: get in, train, and get out.
- if an athlete wants to socialize, stretch, or do additional exercises, this must be conducted on his/her own and away from the boathouse and park in a socially distant manner.
- all principal communications and announcements will be made via email and Teamsnap
- do not shake hands or engage in unnecessary physical contact
Inclement Weather- In the event of bad weather (thunder /lightning):
- practices will be suspended (we must wait 30 minutes from the last thunder/lightning before resuming). Once we are able to resume, we will resume with the scheduled practice at that time
- training groups seeking shelter will head to the boathouse bays or car
- while seeking shelter, athletes must maintain social distancing and mask wearing. Boathouse bay doors will remain open.
Lost and found:
For safety reasons, there will not be a lost and found at the boathouse
- items found on the grounds may be thrown out - there will be no lost and found
- if we permit use of cubbies, they will be assigned to individual athletes always maintain physical/social distancing of at least six (6) feet
- if cubbies are not provided, do not bring or store personal items inside the boathouse
In the Event of a Member Testing Positive for the virus: